In July 1942 the Air Ministry started detailed work to convert a 300 acre site between the A2070 and the A2081 into an advanced landing ground. The airfield was due for completion on 1st March 1943, but was not finished until September that year. The airstrip (known locally as the Ivychurch airstrip) was first used by Spitfire IX's of No.122 Squadron.

Also based there were Squadrons to combat flying bombs, in 1944, 129 Squadron and two Polish Squadrons Nos. 306 & 315.

The Museum has a Bomb Disposal equipment display

There is also a Barnes Wallis Dambuster Bomb on display outside.

The Museum Trust is a non-profit making concern, and all proceeds are used to expand and improve the Museum.

The Memorial dedicated to airmen who flew from local Advanced Landing Grounds, and also the Women's Land Army.


The Museum is situated just off the main A2070 Ashford to Brenzett road
on the Ashford side of the Brenzett roundabout.

FREE PARKING FOR CARS AND COACHES. PICNIC AREA. TOILET. GOOD ACCESS FOR DISABLED

 ROMNEY MARSH WARTIME COLLECTION IS A REGISTERED CHARITY NO: 297552

Home.html
EventsEvents.html
LinksLinks.html
GalleryGallery.html